Company History

A varied customer history over the course of time and the product development strategy.

1921  Company foundation
Construction and sale of gearboxes and relevant articles Construction and sale of gearboxes and relevant articles
Up until 1935
Construction and manufacture of motorbike gear units and components for two-wheeled vehicles including the development of a shifting motorbike gear
From 1947
Production of gears and gear motors
The 1950s
Development of an in-house standard gear unit series as a supplement to the contract manufacturing of gear wheels
1956
Company takeover by Georg Ramsauer, 100% family-owned ever since
The 1960s
Gear solution for file paternoster
► joint development with Zippel:
Forerunner of the storage paternosters of today
► production-ready gear with customer-specific additions
The 1970s
Construction of swing and sliding gate drives
► In-house development of all components
► Consideration of special operating conditions: Outdoors, safety, winter…
1971
The 2nd generation takes over the running of the company in the shape of Günter and Rudolf Ramsauer

1980
Construction of a new building in Nuremberg-Schafhof
Expansion in 1997
The 1990s
Special drives for industrial robots
► customer-specific developments
► greatest possible dynamics
► high load in difficult conditions
1998
The 3rd generation of the family, Gernot Ramsauer, joins the management
The 2000s
Drive specialist for medical technology
► challenging developments together with large medical technology manufacturers
► maximum safety requirements, accuracy, service life …
Today
Expansion into wide-ranging divisions:
► Rehabilitation
► Energy technology
► Printing industry
► Solar plants
► Vehicle technology